Everything you need to know about Medical Transcription Services
Medical transcriptionists have an important role to play in the healthcare delivery system. Though they have little to do with direct patient care, healthcare documentation helps in efficient functioning of the industry.
When it comes to health care providers, medical transcription services ensure that patients can be diagnosed and treated in the best manner. Using online medical transcription services, you can minimize the errors and improve the accuracy of healthcare records.
Need for medical transcription
- Medical records help doctors and other healthcare professionals in assessing the current condition of patients. Apart from this, these records are also important for deciding the course of treatment and evaluating the condition in case of a relapse or development of related healthcare complications.
- Since healthcare providers from various disciplines of medicine may need to treat a patient, medical transcriptions facilitate the flow of information between doctors. All doctors can refer to the healthcare documents and provide the patient with the right treatment.
- As nurses and other support staff need to take care of patients, they can understand the warning signs, the drugs to administer, and samples to take for testing by hiring medical transcription services online.
As compared to other countries, medical transcription in India has been quite popular for a number of reasons. Since transcription professionals are hired for a lesser amount in the country, you can expect reasonably priced medical transcription services online. Here are the key service areas of medical transcription companies.
- Cardiology Medical Transcription
- Medical Transcription For Dentist
- Dermatology Medical Transcription
- Nephrology Medical Transcription
- Neurology Medical Transcription
- Obstetrics & Gynecology Medical Transcription
- Psychology Medical Transcription
- Radiology Medical Transcription
- Surgery Medical Transcription
The transcription process
Dictation is the first step of sourcing online medical transcription services, for which you can consider any of the following options.
- Smartphone App: You can install a voice recording app in your smartphone to dictate and transfer the dictation securely to the transcription company.
- Digital recorders: You can also use a hand-held digital recorder and transfer the files through a company’s FTP site.
- Toll-free telephone dictation: Some companies offering medical transcription in India provide their clients with toll-free numbers to record the dictation over the telephone for easy recording experience.
Once the dictation process is over, clients are assigned their own transcribers to ensure they understand client-specific requirements and proceed accordingly. Once the transcribed documents are ready, quality analysts check every document to ensure quality isn’t compromised at any level. Depending on a company’s services and the requirements of a client, the transcribed documents can be delivered either in simple MS Word, simple text or into the client’s EMR/EHR system.